WineTasting.com is Looking For Writers and Bloggers!
Position: Wine Guide / Wine Blogger
Winetasting.com is currently looking for writers and bloggers to add to our growing directory of California wine tasting venues to write blogs that describe a region or winery for a consumer audience. The current need is for Regional Overviews, Winery Reviews and Trip Reports.
- Writing Samples in the wine, food or tourism industry
- Ability to maintain a neutral, objective voice
- Established bloggers preferred, please send link to blogs
- First hand knowledge about a wine region
- Author/Blogger bio page on Winetasting.com with links to your own blog. We are planning to feature our writers as “wine guides” with local expertise. Consumers looking for wineries will find wine guides who have similar interests and preferences. Let us know what kind of wines you love and what kind of wine tasting room experiences you prefer.
- Benefit of high traffic site to help get your name out
- Regional Overview $50/article
1200-1500 words describing a California wine region such as Napa Valley or Temecula. Include general travel info like how to get there, weather, any major events, etc. More detail will be provided upon acceptance of the assignment.After first article is accepted, there may be other opportunities for more articles of same genre.
- Wine Tasting Room Reviews/Trip Reports Following a Visit to a Winery $30/article (Paid on assignment)
500-1000 words describing a winery or tasting room. For this assignment, the focus is on the tasting room experience and amenities more than the wine. (If you are like us, you love visiting wineries. Why not make a little money while you’re there anyway!)
- After first blog is accepted, future opportunities may exist as we expand our reach.
- Template provided
- Include 2-3 photos per winery (list of shots will be provided)
Winetasting.com is the one of the oldest companies in the online wine space, founded in 1991. Formerly an online wine club, the new focus is on wine tasting room promotion. With tens of thousands of social media followers and a high Google search ranking for “wine tasting,” listings will generate traffic and visitors. Providing winery and tasting room directories, winery profiles, hotel, restaurant and regional activity guides, our goal is to make planning your wine country vacation a breeze and to make it easy to experience all that each wine region has to offer.