National Cheese Lover’s Day at Winemaker Studios
Saturday, January 20
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
We’re celebrating one of our favorite holidays by offering you a chance to experience a match made in heaven – wine and cheese!
But why do wine and cheese go so well together? Typically, this combo works because of the tannins in wine – natural organic compounds found in grape skins, seeds, and oak barrels. They’re great antioxidants, wonderful preservatives and they add structure and texture to the otherwise flabby wine. Heavy amount of tannins, though, can cause the mouth to pucker and results in a bitter aftertaste at the back of the mouth. Scientists have found that high fat, high protein foods (like cheese!) balance the tannin’s strong sensations, resulting in a smoother, more pleasant wine experience!
Pre-purchase your Cheese Lover’s Passport now for only $10 and you’ll receive:
– $5 off each flight purchased at all four tasting rooms – The Winery SF, VIE, Sol Rouge and Sottomarino Wineries
– A perfectly matched sample of cheese with each wine flight
Passports available for $15 at the door – save by purchasing in advance!
Come join us in celebrating this deliciously classic food and wine combo!
Pick up your Cheese Day Wine Passport at The Winery SF Tasting Room when you arrive.
Tastings do not include souvenir wine glasses – available for purchase separately. FREE parking on-site, and Muni conveniently located one block away. Uber and Lyft-friendly location (typically under 8-minute wait). Yes, we are dog-friendly!
Winemaker Studios & The Winery SF
448 Clipper Cove Way
San Francisco, CA 94130
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/4obvBcvJzFU2
1. Take the Bay Bridge to Treasure Island exit (LEFT exit from San Francisco and RIGHT from the East Bay).
2. When you come down the hill toward the island, continue straight- past the security gate.
3. Make a right on California Avenue (the first street)
4. Make a Right into the Third driveway (Avenue G) and The Winery SF is the dark grey building about 300ft in front of you on the left hand side.
If you are using Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps, please search for “The Winery SF” versus the actual address, as the address sometimes gets interpreted incorrectly and sends you to a different address.